Monday, July 29, 2013

Adding the forest foliage


I took a look at my fabric stash for fabrics that suggested (to me at least!) pine tree foliage, branches, etc.

I did not want to add any strong green color as I am aiming for a fairly monochromatic color scheme, so that narrowed my choices down a bit.  Seems like every perfect pattern I found was in a bright green. 

I finally found these three fabrics in my stash that are very muted browns and grays and in patterns that were exactly what I wanted.  I really love using plaids and this particular one I was able to "fussy" cut along the defined linear lines to suggest more branches in the overhead foliage.

I'm very happy with the end result, looking at the pieces pinned on my design wall - just the effect that I wanted!




No comments:

Post a Comment