Friday, June 21, 2013

Taking Care of the Paperwork


 
I decided on which composition I liked the best, a more vertical, portrait orientation, and it will measure approximately 4 feet high by 3 feet wide.  That's a fairly typical size for me, one that allows me to have fabric pieces large enough to show off their patterns.

Once my pattern is finalized, I make my freezer paper templates as you can see here.  I buy freezer paper in large industrial-sized rolls as I go through so much of it.  And the large rolls allow me to have nice long, continuous pieces of freezer paper - handy for those extra large and long pieces.


Once I've traced all my templates, I also need to carefully label everything.  With hundreds of separate pieces in one quilt, it is important to stay organized.  What's the saying?  A job is never complete until the paperwork is finished?

No comments:

Post a Comment