Thursday, March 28, 2013

Going with the flow....



of my meandering creek, that is.  Now that the trees are done, I am turning my attention to the other focus of my piece which is the creek. 

My idea is to have the water and some areas immediately adjacent to it in dark values along with the dark values of the trees.  I really want this creek to stand out against the background of the landscape and connect the trees in what I hope is an interesting zig-zag line.

From left to right you can see my progress as I add different blues and some darker patterned fabrics I think of as representing bushes along the water.  As I add these different fabrics, I am also thinking about atmospheric perspective in that the foreground water fabrics are darker with larger patterns while the far distant water is a tone-on-tone fabric in a lighter blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment