Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Denali Merchandise

In 2005 I served as an Artist-in-Residence at Denali National Park in Alaska.  As part of the residency, I donated a piece of artwork inspired by my stay to the park which they display at the visitors' center.

Just this summer, they have taken the image of my piece Threading Through the Gravel Bars, East Fork of the Toklat, and made merchandise that is for sale at the gift shop in the park.  Pictured here are a puzzle, a card, and a magnetic bookmark.  There is also a refrigerator magnet but, unfortunately (or fortunately!), that was sold out when I ordered these.

All proceeds from the sale of this merchandise go to Alaska Geographic, a non-profit organization dedicated to connecting people to Alaska's wildlands.  While the items are not listed on their website yet, they can be obtained by calling the gift shop directly through the number on the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment